Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jesus is coming...look busy!

Mark your calendar for May 21, 2011.  I was going to take the day off but fortunately it falls on a Saturday, so there you go.  Why? Jesus is coming...again.  It's The Second Coming of course!  Or if you’re Jewish or Muslim, will it be the first Act?

I’m not really sure what time He'll show up.  I’ll make a point of not making any plans the entire day.  We were thinking about taking a trip to the Grand Canyon several weeks after that.  Should we nix that whole idea?  Should I put a call-up reminder into Outlook?  What should I wear?  Should we invite Him over for supper?  Would that throw the whole last supper thing out the window?  What would He want for supper?  I think He's partial to Bread and Wine?  What kind of bread?  Unleavened of course, but what about white, brown, wheat, whole grain, rye, sourdough, flatbread?  Hey, is flatbread leavened?  What about sourdough?  What about Wine or would He simply make his own?  Would it be uncool to tell him to BYOW?  So many mundane questions...

While being interviewed for the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Allison Warden of the Raleigh-based weCanKNOW.com ministry said:
The Bible teaches that Christ is returning on May 21 and we want to encourage people to go to Scripture and investigate for themselves…God is going to be saving people right up until the last moment.


I don’t know about all that. What I do know is that if He does show up, I'd like to ask Jesus why He's missed returning 'lo these many hundreds of times He's been prophesied to return over the past 2,000 years?  I also know that if He is coming back, He's going to be seriously pissed at an Arc load of our (living) hypocritical heathen brothers and sisters. My guess is that Fred Phelps and his kin, Terry Jones and his clan, Sarah Palin and company, Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Roger Ailes, Sharon Angle, every “Conservative,” all Bankers and Insurance Executives, Lobbysts, most Republicans (without a doubt, every Republican politican) and a fair number of Democrats, without exception every televangelist (especially Benny Hinn), certainly most fundamentalists of every religious denomination especially James Dobson, as well as a multitude of alleged Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, just about every Pastor, Minister, Priest, Bishop, Imam, Monk, a number of Rabbis and a fair number of Shamans, every used car salesman, and without a doubt, every Bible thumpin’, gun toting hypocrite extolling their stupidity and ignorance as though it's a badge of honor. The one thing Jesus really, really-really hated...were hypocrites (see: The Beatitudes). Fortunately, I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have any real beef with the Jains…or babies...or kittens...

1 comment:

  1. I for one was quite disappointed today (12/28/2010) to encounter two guys outside of Union Station in Washington, DC holding up a huge, 8X4 foot banner that read: "Judgement Day! May 21, 2011" Needless to say... that day is MY birthday. If this is the day that the world will end and that we will all be judged... well, bummer. I strongly protest this particular day as the day of the second coming. It’s MY birthday for crying out loud. Now that everyone knows that this is "THE" day, they will just skip getting me any birthday presents. Some how, this just doesn't seem fair. Conversely, those who are inclined may opt to get me a nifty robe or maybe some rockin' sandals. Of course, I will gladly accept these gifts earlier than 5/21/2011 so that I might be properly attired for the "second coming." Nothing to flashy though, I don’t want to show up the messiah. I have read that he does not have much patience for those who piss him off.

    ReplyDelete